Exciting development opportunities
Learn while you earn
Apprenticeships provide exciting development opportunities to all of our bar, kitchen and hotel teams. They give you the opportunity to learn while you earn – from associates right through to management. Whether you’re applying for a new role or looking to progress to the next level, we have the perfect training opportunity for you.
As an apprentice at Wetherspoon, you can expect:
- to be employed on a permanent, guaranteed minimum hours’ contract from day one.
- to keep your same rate of pay, along with all of your other great benefits.
- time to complete your apprenticeship at work – in your normal working hours.
- to build knowledge, skills and confidence relevant to your job role.
- regular reviews with your pub manager or mentor to support, coach and motivate you through your apprenticeship.
- 24-hour access to course materials, including a full breakdown of topics and progress made.
- support to complete the required level in maths and English (grades A–C, grade 4 or above), if not already achieved.
- to connect with other apprentices via web chats and peer groups, to collaborate and share knowledge.
- to gain skills leading to career development.
- to celebrate your success!
..of our apprentices gain at least one promotion during or shortly after completion of their programme.
..apprentices currently in learning.
Make working for us work for you.
If you’d like to join the friendly, fun team, learn while you earn work hours to suit you, get free food on every shift, plus employee discount and a whole lot more benefits too – apply for an apprenticeship role today.
Apprenticeships are not available in the Republic of Ireland.