Bar and floor associate
Reporting to: Management team/pub manager
Your role: at a glance
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To serve food and drinks to the correct specification.
- To adhere to all Wetherspoon standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policies to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace.
All the training we provide will teach you everything you need to know to succeed but there are a few essential requirements you’ll need to start:
- Have proof of right to work in the country you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Have a bank account in the country you are based (UK or ROI) in your own name.
- Be able to converse in English and to understand the language to complete training and other duties associated with your job role.
- Have a fixed place of residence within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and to Wetherspoon.
- Have the ability to manage time and prioritise tasks.
- Have a friendly nature and the ability to develop good communications skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Remain calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Adhere to Wetherspoon’s appearance standards.
- Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed on.
A day in the life
- Work as a team throughout the business to achieve the company’s mission statement: ‘To have by far the best CQSMA standards in the pub world, to be the best company to work for and, by doing these things, to be the most profitable.’
- To deliver high standards of Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance and Atmosphere.
- Be welcoming to customers – interact, say ‘hello’; just as important, say ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’.
- Build, maintain and enhance customer relations (e.g. by recommending some of our fantastic products). Encourage customer loyalty by consistent good performance.
- Be aware of, and knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products in your pub, seeking support, if required.
- Receive and deliver customer orders either face to face or via the app achieving our service standards at all times. Sale of alcohol not applicable if you are under 18.
- Respond to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support, if required. Feed back all complaints to the management team.
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness by adopting our ‘clean as you go’ philosophy
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team to meet the needs of the business.
Training and development:
- Complete the associate training programme including ongoing associated online training within the stated timeframes.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Generate and share ideas for improvements within your pub and across the company.
- Work as a buddy to support and train new associates.
- Embrace change within your pub and Wetherspoon.
- Strive to achieve everything you can on the Wetherspoon action plan.
As an associate we are not expecting you to manage, motivate or lead the team however, if you would like to progress within Wetherspoon our award winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge you will need to proceed and succeed. Speak to you Pub Manager about the opportunities available to you; they may include:
- Wetherspoon apprenticeship academy
- Cross-training into a different role (hotel/kitchen)
- Team leader training programme
- Shift leader academy
- Management academy
- People management academy
- Pub manager academy
Learn new things, get recognised for your efforts and gain skills that will last for ever!
Make working for us work for you.
Flexible hours? Check. Free food at work? We got ya!
Discounts when not working? Yup. Free shares? Sure.
For all of these and plenty more benefits to suit you, apply to work for us today.