Bar and floor associate
Reporting to: Management team / Pub Manager
Your role: at a glance
Making hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- To provide excellent customer service
- To serve food and drinks to the correct specification
- To adhere to all Wetherspoon Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company Policies to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace
All the training we provide will teach you everything you need to know to succeed but there are a few essential requirements you’ll need to start:
- Have proof of right to work in the country you will be based (UK or ROI)
- Have a bank account in the country you are based (UK or ROI) in your own name
- Be able to converse in English and to understand the language to complete training and other duties associated with your job role
- Have a fixed place of residence within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work
- Basic computer literacy
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and Wetherspoon
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated
- Have a friendly nature and excellent communication skills
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful
- Remain calm when working in a high pressure environment
- Adhere to Wetherspoon appearance standards
- Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed
A day in the life
- Work as part of a team to achieve the company’s mission statement. “To have by far the best CQSMA standards in the pub world, to be the best company to work for and, by doing these things, to be the most profitable”
- To deliver high standards of Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance and Atmosphere.
- Welcome your customers – say hello; and just as importantly say thank you and goodbye.
- Build, maintain and enhance customer relations (e.g. by recommending some of our fantastic products). Encourage customer loyalty by consistent good performance.
- Be aware of and be knowledgeable about all promotions, events and new products within your pub.
- Receive and deliver customer orders either face to face or via the app achieving our service standards at all times. Sale of alcohol not applicable if you are under 18.
- Respond to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner.
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness by adopting our Clean As You Go philosophy.
- To keep your working environment safe, legal and comfortable, adhere to our policies and procedures and carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team or Wethercentre to meet the needs of the business.
Training and development
- Complete the associate training programme including ongoing associated online training within the stated timeframes
- Actively attend and participate in regular team meetings and training sessions
- Generate and share amazing ideas for improvements within your pub and the company
- Work as a buddy to support and train new associates
- Embrace change within your pub and Wetherspoon
- Strive to achieve everything you can on the Wetherspoon Action Plan
As an associate we are not expecting you to manage, motivate or lead the team however, if you would like to progress within Wetherspoon our award winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge you will need to proceed and succeed. Speak to you Pub Manager about the opportunities available to you; they may include:
- Wetherspoon Apprenticeship Academy
- Cross training into a different role (bar/kitchen)
- Catering Academy
- Team Leader training programme
- Shift Leader Academy
- Management Academy
- People Management Academy
- Pub Manager Academy
Learn new things, get recognised for your efforts and gain skills that will last for ever!
Make working for us work for you.
Flexible hours? Check. Free food at work? We got ya!
Discounts when not working? Yup. Free shares? Sure.
For all of these and plenty more benefits to suit you, apply to work for us today.