Reporting to: Management team/pub manager
Your role: At a glance
To clean all areas of the pub thoroughly, with the aim of enhancing the customer experience by having excellent standards of pub cleanliness.
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To adhere to all Wetherspoon standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policies to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace.
All of the training which we provide will teach you everything you need to know to succeed, but there are a few essential requirements you’ll need to start:
- Have a proof of right to work in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Have a bank account in your own name in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Be able to converse in English and to understand the language to complete training and other duties associated with your job role.
- Have a fixed place of residence within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and to Wetherspoon.
- Have the ability to manage time and prioritise tasks.
- Show enthusiasm and commitment.
- Have a friendly nature and the ability to develop good communications skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- To be able to work unsupervised and to remain calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Adhere to Wetherspoon’s appearance standards.
- Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed on.
A day in the life:
- Work as a team throughout the business to achieve the company’s mission statement: ‘To have by far the best CQSMA standards in the pub world, to be the best company to work for and, by doing these things, to be the most profitable.’
- Deliver consistently high standards of cleanliness, quality, service, maintenance and atmosphere (CQSMA).
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the pub, including back-of-house areas, external areas and all customer areas.
- By following our standard operating procedures (SOPs), complete daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks to the required standard.
- Report all maintenance issues (including any pest management issues) to the manager on duty.
- Monitor cleaning supplies and chemicals, ordering more (with the manager), when necessary.
- Always follow SOPs when using chemicals and/or equipment.
- Be welcoming to customers – interact, say ‘hello’; just as important, say ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’.
- Respond to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support, if required. Feed back all complaints to the management team.
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team to meet the needs of the business.
Training and development:
- Complete the cleaners training programme, including ongoing associated online training, within the stated time frames.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Generate and share ideas for improvements in your pub and across the company.
- Work as a buddy to support and train new cleaners.
- Embrace change in your pub and Wetherspoon.
- Strive to achieve everything you can on the Wetherspoon action plan.
As a cleaner, you are not expected to manage, motivate or lead the team; however, if you would like to progress in Wetherspoon, our award-winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge which you will need to proceed and succeed. Speak to your pub manager about the opportunities available to you; they may include:
- Wetherspoon apprenticeship academy
- Cross-training into a different role (hotel/bar/floor)
- Team leader training programme
- Shift leader academy
- Management academy
- People management academy
- Pub manager academy
Learn new things, get recognised for your efforts and gain skills which will last for ever!
Make working for us work for you.
Flexible hours? Check. Free food at work? We got ya!
Discounts when not working? Yup. Free shares? Sure.
For all of these and plenty more benefits to suit you, apply to work for us today.