Reporting to: Management team/hotel manager
Your role: At a glance
To clean all areas of the hotel thoroughly, with the key aim of enhancing the guests’ experience by having excellent standards of hotel cleanliness at all times.
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To adhere to all Wetherspoon standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policies, to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace.
All of the training which we provide will teach you everything you need to know to succeed, but there are a few essential requirements you’ll need to start:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have a proof of right to work in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Have a bank account in your own name in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Be able to converse in English and to understand the language to complete training and other duties associated with your job role.
- Have a fixed place of residence within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your hotel and to Wetherspoon.
- Have the ability to manage time and prioritise tasks, with good organisational skills, to ensure that each shift runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Be able to work unsupervised and to remain calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a friendly nature and the ability to develop good communications skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Adhere to the housekeeper’s uniform standards.
- Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed on.
A day in the life:
- Work as a team throughout the business to achieve the company’s mission statement: ‘To have by far the best CQSMA standards in the pub world, to be the best company to work for and, by doing these things, to be the most profitable.’
- Deliver consistently high standards of cleanliness, quality, service, maintenance and atmosphere (CQSMA).
- Be welcoming to customers – interact, say ‘hello’; just as important, say ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’.
- Fulfil any reasonable requests from guests to ensure their satisfaction. Encourage guest loyalty by consistent good performance.
- Respond to any guest feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support, if required. Feed back all complaints to the management team.
- Be aware of, and knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and pricing in your hotel, in order to provide information to guests.
- Create and work to daily job lists from the room status, arrivals and departures list.
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness by adopting our ‘clean as you go’ philosophy.
- Service bedrooms and all other areas of the hotel in line with our SOPs.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks as required (eg flipping mattresses, cleaning curtains and lampshades).
- Reset lighting to the current standards.
- Store all laundry correctly and complete relevant documentation.
- Adhere to stock control procedures – maintain security of stock at all times. Manage stocking levels of all point-of-sale material and other items, as required.
- Provide immediate report of any security issues, safety hazards, accidents, incidents or maintenance issues.
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team to meet the needs of the business.
Training and development:
- Complete the housekeeping training programme, including ongoing associated online training, within the stated time frames.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Generate and share ideas for improvements in your pub and across the company.
- Work as a buddy to support and train new housekeepers.
- Embrace change in your hotel and Wetherspoon.
- Strive to achieve everything you can on the Wetherspoon action plan.
As a housekeeper, you are not expected to manage, motivate or lead the team; however, if you would like to progress in Wetherspoon, our award-winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge which you will need to proceed and succeed. Speak to your manager about the opportunities available to you; these may include:
- Wetherspoon apprenticeship academy
- Cross-training into a different role (bar/kitchen)
- Team leader training programme
- Shift leader academy
- Management academy
- People management academy
- Pub manager academy
Learn new things, get recognised for your efforts and gain skills which will last for ever!
Search for jobs
Make working for us work for you.
Flexible hours? Check. Free food at work? We got ya!
Discounts when not working? Yup. Free shares? Sure.
For all of these and plenty more benefits to suit you, apply to work for us today.