Reporting to: Management team/kitchen manager
Your role: At a glance
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To serve food and drinks to the correct specification.
- To adhere to all Wetherspoon standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policies, to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace.
All of the training which we provide will teach you everything you need to know to succeed, but there are a few essential requirements you’ll need to start:
- Have a proof of right to work in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Have a bank account in your own name in the place where you will be based (UK or ROI).
- Be able to converse in English and to understand the language to complete training and other duties associated with your job role.
- Have a fixed place of residence within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and to Wetherspoon.
- Have the ability to manage time and prioritise tasks.
- Have a friendly nature and the ability to develop good communications skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Remain calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Adhere to kitchen uniform standards, at all times.
- Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed on.
A day in the life:
- Work as a team throughout the business to achieve the company’s mission statement: ‘To have by far the best CQSMA standards in the pub world, to be the best company to work for and, by doing these things, to be the most profitable.’
- Deliver consistently high standards of cleanliness, quality, service, maintenance and atmosphere (CQSMA).
- Be aware of, and knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products in your pub, seeking support, if required.
- Work on your assigned work station (fryers, deli, grills, microwaves), set up and close down following station guides, use equipment correctly by following the relevant SOP and follow related food specs. Communicate with other stations and the co-ordinator to ensure that food is delivered to specification and on time.
- Ensure that all food is stored, prepared, cooked, served and presented in accordance with company standards.
- Strive to achieve the food-delivery-time targets, at all times.
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness by adopting our ‘clean as you go’ philosophy. Ensure that the kitchen is cleaned and maintained in accordance with guidelines throughout the day. Always, in a timely manner, action any points raised on kitchen checks.
- Respond to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support, if required. Feed back all complaints to the management team.
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team to meet the needs of the business.
Training and development:
- Complete the associate training programme, including ongoing associated online training, within the stated time frames.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Generate and share ideas for improvements in your pub and across the company.
- Work as a buddy to support and train new associates.
- Embrace change in your pub and Wetherspoon.
- Strive to achieve everything you can on the Wetherspoon action plan.
As an associate, you are not expected to manage, motivate or lead the team; however, if you would like to progress in Wetherspoon, our award-winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge which you will need to proceed and succeed. Speak to your kitchen manager about the opportunities available to you; these may include:
- Wetherspoon apprenticeship academy
- Cross-training into a different role (hotel/bar/floor)
- Team leader training programme
- Shift leader academy
- Management academy
- People management academy
- Pub manager academy
Learn new things, get recognised for your efforts and gain skills which will last for ever!
Make working for us work for you.
Flexible hours? Check. Free food at work? We got ya!
Discounts when not working? Yup. Free shares? Sure.
For all of these and plenty more benefits to suit you, apply to work for us today.